MBAs Across America is a national movement to revitalize America by mobilizing the nation’s best resources to support the visionary entrepreneurs that are creating jobs & changing lives in American communities every day.
As mentioned in The New York Times, MBAs Across America enlisted eight teams of MBAs from the nation’s top business schools who dedicated the summer of 2014 to working with over 50 of America’s most promising entrepreneurs. We dispatched MBAx teams to spend an intensive week with each entrepreneur we selected for this year’s class — where they will helped tackle a pressing challenge facing the business, told the entrepreneur’s story through local & national media, and connected. the entrepreneur to a life-long national network of support. Check out our blog for the stories of these entrepreneurs and teams working together.
Now we are again searching the country for entrepreneurs who making a huge impact in their communities and who could use some support to take that impact to the next level. If you know or are a visionary entrepreneur that might be interested in collaborating with a team of committed MBAs and a national community of supporters long after the summer is over, please complete our brief Entrepreneur Application , which we will be reviewing on a rolling basis.
We are searching for entrepreneurs with three key traits:
- A place with a story to tell: we work with entrepreneurs in cities that are surviving & thriving against the odds and without the hype — whether in a hard-hit city, a Heartland hub, or a tiny rural town.
- A business poised for growth: we work with manufacturers, tech startups, creative agencies, and even barbershops, but our entrepreneurs all have one thing in common: they want to grow.
- A positive social impact: our entrepreneurs solve real problems and change lives in their communities every day, expanding what it means to be a “social enterprise”.
What should entrepreneurs expect from an MBAx Team?
Expect us to live up to our values:
- Care deeply about the mission: We have an authentic and purpose-driven commitment to revitalizing America.
- Listen more than you speak: We abandon airtime. Four people listening and asking thoughtful questions are more valuable than one person having a brilliant answer. MBAx teams include entrepreneurs in the work as participating members of the team, not as an audience.
- Act more than you plan: The constraints of a week do not allow for hours of fiddling with a five year pro-forma model or excruciating over font size in a soon-to-be-forgotten deck. Our litmus test: what are we creating with the entrepreneur that they can put to use the week after we leave? What can they actually do with what we are creating, and when? If the answer is “not much” or “not soon”, go back to the drawing board.
- Be willing to navigate uncertainty and discomfort: Being on the road for six weeks will challenge us in expected and unexpected ways. We are open to the opportunities for growth that these challenges bring and to learning from our teammates, entrepreneurs, and others we meet along the way.
What do last year’s entrepreneurs have to say?
Check out the “Impact” section of our site for case studies & testimonials.